Hello Sailing with Scissors Friends,
We have had a few members inquire about classes and free events. I'm afraid we haven't hammered out several details of the schedule such as dates or times. However, here is a sneak peek of all the classes and free events. Our fabulous Jessie Hurley will be teaching all the classes for our group.
Please feel free to email Jessie at firstname.lastname@example.org
for the classes you would like to take.
-The classes are $35 plus taxes. After you make your selections, Jessie will email you a Pay Pal Invoice. Upon receipt of the invoice, please pay your classes.
-Please choose a minimum of 2 classes.
-You will make 3 cards in each class.
-Please also email Jessie with your selection of free events. We need to know how many kits to organize.
-If you do not have a credit card or can not pay for your classes on-line, please email Jessie at the email address above and she can make alternative arrangements.
Faux Leather Technique
- Jessie shows you how to make cards with the look of leather. No animal is hurt in the making of this class.
Zendoodle/Maximizing Use of Dies
- You may remember a lovely swap card made by our alumni friend, Karen B. It was a dress with a cool Zendoodle design. Karen learned the technique from Jessie. Several people showed an interest in this card so Jessie is going to teach it on our cruise. I took Jessie's Zendoodle class at Donna's house and just loved the cards we made. I highly recommend it.
Inka Gold Wash
- Do you have a few pots of Inka Gold that have dried out? Don't throw them away! This class shows you how to use the dried Inka Gold to create a beautiful watercolour wash.
Glitter Painting with Stamps -
Whoa! This sounds fun. Create glittery goodness with your stamps.
Mystery Card Class -
Learn a cool new mysterious card making technique. What does it involve? What materials will you use? Only our fearless teacher, Jessie Hurley, knows. Sounds intriguing, for sure.
Marshmallow Throwing Game
- Thanks to partners in crime, Dianne and Charlene who suggested this hilarious game. We won't be throwing marshmallows. Instead, we will be throwing around fun card crafting objects.
Beautiful Embellie Swap
- Each participant will choose $5 worth of her favourite new embellishment to swap. The embellishment has to be one of your faves. In fact, you will have a little card attached to your embellishment that states "I love this embellishment because..."
- Everyone loves the card swaps. This isn't just for experienced card makers. If you are new to card making, give this a go - you will have fun. We are structuring this card swap a little differently than in the past. Everyone who participates will get a card from every other participant. We promise!
Technique Tag Swap
- Each person will make a sample technique tag, using the Ranger Inkssentials #8 tags, with an explanation as to how she did the technique. We will hole punch each technique and each person will get all the techniques gathered on a ring for future reference. How cool is that!
Make N' Take -
Our wonderful Jessie will be hosting a fabulous make n' take. OK, we don't know the details but if Jessie is involved, you will love it!
Chef Bearnaise and Cruise DirectBear will ensure we get a schedule posted ASAP. Until then, this will give you an idea of the classes and free events being offered. Please feel free to email Jessie to register.